Sunday, July 3, 2011

New to our Library - Little Tree Baby Mei Tai

One of the beautiful new carriers to our library has been donated by the wonderful and generous Sita of Little Tree Baby - a stunning Mei Tai.

One of the things that struck me about this Mei Tai was the fabric selection. The colours and patterns are absolutely gorgeous. The photo doesn't do it justice - you'll just have to see it for yourself!

When purchasing a Mei Tai, I think the fabric selection is the hardest part - so many beautiful fabrics to choose from! I think by leaving it to the expert and letting Sita choose the fabrics for us, she came up with something really creative, unique and special.

There's also the option of a waist buckle or tie. This particular Mei Tai has a buckle. A buckle means you only have one knot, but it is entirely over to personal preference. You may feel a tie is better to get the right fit for you.

This is the first time I've tried a Mei Tai, and I was surprised just how easy and comfortable it is to wear my heavy toddler in it. It was really supportive, and I quickly got the knack of tightening the shoulder ties. I loved the fact that I could fold up the Mei Tai and fit it easily into Holly's nappy bag. And, did I mention I loved the fabric? I felt rather stylish strutting around with Holly in it on my back. :)

It was also supremely easily to adjust a front carry for Holly to breastfeed in it. This is the first time I've successfully breastfed Holly in a carrier!

Thank you to Sita from Little Tree Baby for this awesome donation. We love it! You can visit the Little Tree Baby facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/LittleTree-Baby/140239479243

If you'd like to hire this gorgeous carrier, simply email us at babywearingwellington@gmail.com with your contact details, and Emma will be in touch.

Much respect,
Sarah C

No comments:

Post a Comment